Frequently Asked Questions
Let me answer some of the questions that you may have about Doulas and the services they offer.
What is a labor doula?
A doula is a trained professional who provides continuous labor support and encouragement. Labor Doulas also provide informational support so that you can make informed choices about your birth.
why should i hire a labor doula?
Studies have shown that women who have had consistent labor support provided by a doula experience a:
- 31% decrease in the use of Pitocin
- 28% decrease in the risk of Cesarean
- 12% increase in the likelihood of spontaneous vaginal birth.
- 9% decrease in the use of any medications for pain relief.
- 14% decrease in the risk of newborn admission to special care nursery.
- 34% decrease in the risk of being dissatisfied with the birth experience. *
Check out this article on the benefits of doulas!